The adrenals are two small glands, each weighing 3 to 5 grams, that are located above the kidneys. The adrenals have one of the highest rates of blood flow per gram of tissue, and the highest content of vitamin C per gram of any tissue in the body.
Each adrenal gland is composed of two separate functional entities. The outer zone, or cortex, accounts for 80% to 90% of the gland and secretes adrenal steroids (cortisol, DHEA-S and aldosterone). The inner zone, or medulla, comprises 10% to 20% of the gland and secretes the catecholamines (adrenaline and nor-adrenaline). Cortisol, DHEA and adrenaline are the three main adrenal stress hormones.
Springs Natural Medicine offers comprehensive testing and natural solutions for all types of metabolic concerns including adrenal gland function. Spring Natural Medicine offers the ASI™ test. . Phone consultations are also available. Contact Springs Natural Medicine today!
The Adrenal Rhythm and Its Importance
The human adrenal gland does not secrete its steroid hormones at a constant level throughout the day. The hormones are actually released in a cycle, with the highest value in the morning and the lowest value at night. This 24-hour cycle is called the circadian rhythm. An abnormal adrenal rhythm can influence many functions of the body such as:
- Energy Production
- Muscle and joint function
- Bone health
- Immune Health
- Sleep Quality
- Skin Regeneration
- Thyroid function
- Grain intolerance
The Adrenal Stress Index™ test consist of four saliva samples taken throughout the day to evaluate:
- stress response
- blood sugar control
- stress adaptation
- immune function
- adrenal glad reserves
- presence of grain intolerance
Advantages of the ASI™
• The test is non-invasive and can be performed wherever you are.
• Saliva is collected under real-life conditions. There are no stressful blood draws and no gallon-sized urine containers to carry around for 24 hours.
• With blood and urine testing, a number of borderline adrenal conditions are missed due to lack of sensitivity. This is not the case with the ASI™, because samples are taken within one circadian cycle and the more definitive free fraction is measured.
• The ASI™ is an in-depth test, such that options for treatment are increased significantly over serum and urine test results.
Note: The ASITM was invented and introduced by Diagnos-Techs, Inc. in 1989.
Do You Need the ASI™Test?
To determine if the ASI™ is the appropriate test for you, ask your physician for a stress questionnaire. The score can help your doctor determine a course of action.
The ASI™ is ordered mainly for individuals who suffer from: • Chronic stress and related health problems.
- Lack of vitality and energy.
- Muscle and joint pain.
- Migraine headaches.
- Sleep disturbances.
- Poor memory.
- Alcohol intolerance.
- Stress maladaptation.
- Low sex drive.
- Low body temperature.
©2010 Diagnos-Techs, Inc. All rights reserved